VMware Named a Leader in the IDC MarketScape for Enterprise Mobility Management Software
Management Capabilities for a Wide Range of Devices and Analytics Offering Differentiate VMware in the EMM Market
VMware, Inc. a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility, today announced it has been positioned as a leader in the “IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Enterprise Mobility Management Software 2017 Vendor Assessment.” The report profiled 14 vendors and VMware was recognised as a leader in enterprise mobility management (EMM). VMware provides an EMM solution to its customers through its VMware Workspace ONE™ platform. Powered by VMware AirWatch® technology, Workspace ONE delivers and manages any app on any device by integrating identity, application, and unified endpoint management.
According to the IDC MarketScape report, “VMware’s AirWatch product, acquired in 2014, is now tightly integrated into VMware’s End User Computing (EUC) business unit, which includes the company’s virtual client computing and other non-datacenter software products. As an individual product, AirWatch has MDM, MAM, and MCM capabilities and is expanding aggressively into UEM and IoT use cases. AirWatch is also among the leaders in EMM to incorporate reporting data and analytics into its offering, with packages to help businesses better understand how mobile devices, apps, and data are accessed and consumed.”
“The EMM industry is undergoing rapid transformation as customers look to manage all endpoints – mobile, desktop and IoT – from a single, user-centric platform. We’ve continued to push our pace of innovation to deliver a solution that can help customers adopt a UEM approach at their desired pace,” explained Sumit Dhawan, senior vice president and general manager, End-User Computing, VMware. “We understand our customers are at different points in their digital transformation journey, and with our Workspace ONE platform powered by AirWatch technology, they can find a solution that will support them as they move from EMM to UEM to deploying a digital workspace strategy.”
This year, VMware has delivered advancements that continue to differentiate Workspace ONE and AirWatch in the industry including:
- Expansion of enterprise security with cross-platform support in AirWatch for mobile, desktops, ruggedised and IoT devices, including Windows 10, to simplify the IT and end-user experiences.
- A collaboration with Oracle to enable advanced security features and streamlined management of Oracle mobile enterprise applications using AirWatch and Workspace ONE.
- Integration between AirWatch and Dell Client Command Suite to extend remote management capabilities for key Dell hardware system attributes to enhance AirWatch.
- An expanded partnership with Google to accelerate the adoption of Chromebooks by enhancing existing application accessibility and management of the devices using Workspace ONE.
- Acquisition of Apteligent to enhance application performance and improve user experience through actionable application insights.
- The addition of capabilities to Workspace ONE that speed up app discovery and self-service.
To access an excerpt of the “IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Enterprise Mobility Management Software 2017 Vendor Assessment” (Doc # US42890217, August 2017) report, click here.
- For more information or to register for a free trial, visit the Workspace ONEand AirWatch product pages.
- Follow VMware on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
VMware, Workspace ONE, AirWatch, vCloud, vCloud Air, vCloud Air Network and Cross-Cloud Architecture are registered trademarks or trademarks of VMware, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions.
This article may contain hyperlinks to non-VMware websites that are created and maintained by third parties who are solely responsible for the content on such websites.